- Description: This flier is so a Graduate Leadership Conference, designed using InDesign. Read below for more details:
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles): For the process of creating this flier I began by thinking about my audience and sketching possible designs. I then narrowed it down to one and used InDesign to create this simple yet appealing design for the Graduate Leadership Conference. I used the Rectangle tool to create triangles to create repetition and flow throughout the design. The pull out rulers on InDesign were my best friends during this project. There was a lot to align to give it that crisp look so the rulers came in handy to get everything aligned just right. After everything there still appeared something missing- contrast. To create even just a bit of contrast I created a black box and turned the word “Conference” white. This helped the word “conference” stand out and the flier look complete.
- Message: The message I want to get across with with this flier is professional, and minimalist. I want viewers to be attracted to the most important information and also feel powered.
- Audience: The audience I focused on is focus young college graduates seeking career opportunities they’ve always dreamed of and who are ready to make them a reality.
- Top Thing Learned: This project was exciting, first and foremost, I learned how to use InDesign. When it comes to design, I learned the importance of the FOCUS principles (Format, Outline, Contrast, Unify and Simplify), as well as the importance of receiving critiques from various sources. The improvements I was able to make thanks to the critiques I received made all this design and how grateful I am.
- Title Font Name & Category: Bebas Neue; Sans Serif
- Copy Font Name & Category: Josefin Slab; Slab Serif
- Links to images used in this project: Image: https://130.commbyui.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/JuliePeterson-Leadership-conference-business-rexburg-Idaho_7530-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg Logo: https://130.commbyui.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/VouantLogo1.png