- Description: This is personalized stationery and business card
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): I began by seeking inspiration form many sources and the drafting something i would like to create. I did and received critiques, then I sought out more inspiration and redesigned incorporating my new inspiration and my critiques. The logo and retro pattern were created in Adobe Illustrator and the business card and stationery were put together on Adobe InDesign. The logo was made by grouping together the text and the different boxes around. The retro pattern was made by setting lines- the copy tool made it simple, then, making all the triangles individual and then simply coloring them in with different colors.
- Message: My message is that I’m fun yet professional.
- Audience: My audience is friends, acquaintances and future employers.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned to have fun and not be afraid to learn new things via web tutorials, like the one I used for the retro pattern.
- Color scheme and color names: My color scheme is an analogous with different greens and blues.
- Title Font Name & Category: I used the same font for both: Geometrica which is a sans serif.
- Copy Font Name & Category: I used the same font for both: Geometrica which is a sans serif.
- Description: Logo for Goldens Cosmetics
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): I used Adobe Illustrator to create this simple design. I used three lines with a grunge effect which is where the color splashes come from. Then I added text!
- Message: My message is simple that Goldens Cosmetics is a fun company that provides lots of colors!
- Audience: My audience is girls ages 16-31 who wear makeup. Especially makeup lovers who want high quality makeup with lots of color choices.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned the importance of having Vector designs so that it won’t get pixelated when used. Illustrator fixes this issue.
- Color Scheme and Color Names: My first color scheme is analogous, using purple, violet and red. The second is in a grayscale and the third is analogous using teal, blue and indigo.
- Title / Body Font Names & Categories: The title font is in Lobster , and it is a decorative. The body copy is open sans light which is a sans serif.
- Description: This montage is a simple spiritual design.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, Steps taken while designing): I took two photographs and put them together using Photoshop. I made a masking layer for the picture of the girl and raised the opacity of the brush to different levels and added a quote!
- Message: My message is simple. God lives and is there for us no matter what. The landscape plays the part that He lives. The girls face with an endless possibility of what she may going through is the part that shows He’s there no matter what.
- Audience: My audience is everyone, especially those that are religious.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned how to montage using Photoshop.
- Filter / Colorization used and where it was applied: I added shake reduction all over, and added a lens flair by the mountains.
- Color scheme and color names: I have an Analogous color scheme using teal, blue, and indigo.
- Title Font Name & Category: The title font is Ostrich sans which is a Decorative.
- Copy Font Name & Category: The copy font is Open Sans Light which is a sans serif.
- Thumbnails of Images used:
- eskipaper.com (http://eskipaper.com/images/aurora-borealis-wallpaper-20.jpg)
- all4desktop.com (http://all4desktop.com/data_images/original/4242445-face.jpg)
- Description: This is a design for a website for a cosmetic line named Goldens that specializes in customizing makeup palettes.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles): I used Photoshop for this design, I used the rectangle tool and used a gradient up. Then used the shape- banner tool for the orange banners. I used the color replacement brush to make her eyes more blue and the color replacement brush and color recognition with the orange from the banners to make her lips have a tint of orange. For her face I used the clone stamp to get rid of some stray eyebrows and the sharpen tool for her eyes and hair.
- Message: I wanted the message of this to be just be simple, pretty, and fun cosmetics that people can feel good about.
- Audience: My audience is young adult women between the ages of 16-31 that enjoy makeup and self expression.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned lots about photoshop! I’m no expert but I know a lot more than I used to.
- Color scheme and color names: My color scheme is complementary with blue and orange.
- Title Font Name & Category: My title font is Guld Script which is a decorative font.
- Copy Font Name & Category: My copy font is Open Sans Light which is a sans serif.
- Thumbnail of original, unedited image inserted:
- Date and location you took the photo(s): I took the photograph in Erica’s bedroom on Wednesday, February 3, 2016.
Light 1: Outside
Light 2: Inside
Focus 1: Foreground
Focus 2: Background
Composition 1: Thirds
Composition 2: Lead Room
Shooting and editing these pictures was an adventure. Although still not professional, I learned a lot about the basics of taking photos and editing them in Photoshop. With Photoshop I mainly adjusted the vibrance, colors and sharpness. I’m looking forward to continue learning about Photoshop this week and in the future!