Photo Contest

 

sher_kimberlyamparo_web

I took this image at Bannack. It was taken completely with natural light. My setting were 1/50sec, f/6.3, ISO 100, with a 50mm lens on a Nikon D7200.

I entered this image into gurushots.com Newbie of the Month contest. I liked this one a lot, it’s just a bunch of people who love photography. I thought it was fun to be in a contest with other people who are brand new to photography. 12/10/2016

kimberly_amparo_macro3_web

I took this during Macro week. I set up a backdrop with white canvas. I had 2 LED light boxes set up. I had macro tubes attached to 75 to 300 mm on the same Nikon D7200.

I entered this into two contests on www.viewbug.com. The first was called Mother Nature (https://www.viewbug.com/challenge/mother-nature-photo-challenge-by-capture2016) and the second was Green (https://www.viewbug.com/challenge/g-r-e-e-n-photo-challenge-by-clourens). I like this site because there are SO many categories to enter into and so many submissions. I loved looking at what others entered as well as submitting these! It’s crazy how many categories one picture could enter into.

cowboy_kimberlyamparo_web

This image was taken at Bannack of Stan the Cowboy. It was taken with a 50mm on a Nikon D7200. Settings were at f/5.6, 1/160 sec, ISO 200.

I also entered this one at www.viewbug.com. I entered into their Best Portrait conest (https://www.viewbug.com/challenge/best-portrait-photo-challenge-by-ilyayakover/gallery). This contest was different than the others on this site. It required me to write about the image and create a title for it. .

 

Advertisements

Photobook

This semester taking COMM 300 at BYUI has been an adventure. I originally felt helpless, I couldn’t even take a picture with proper lighting or focus. I didn’t even know how to move the settings. I’m grateful for the hard times, it was a steep learning curve but it was so worth it.

All the pictures in my book are from different blog posts of the semester. I put together this photobook in InDesign using pages. I used Oxford for the title fonts and Open Sans for the body copy. I then sent it to MyPublisher and received it in the mail shortly after. Here’s my final product.

photobookfrontcover_kimberlyamparopp

 

Link to my photobook